As your business grows, you often accumulate more IT than you realise. A new computer here, a tablet there – and before you know it, you’re not even sure what IT you actually own, and who in your organisation is using it!
For instance, do you know:
- How many IT assets you have (computers, laptops, tablets, printers, cables, etc.)?
- Where they are located in your office?
- When they run out of warranty?
- When you need to upgrade certain hardware and software?
- The total value of all your IT?
Having the answers to these questions is important – not only for insurance and financial purposes – but to protect against theft, and manage IT effectively so that it continues to support your business now and into the future.
We provide asset tracking as part of our Managed IT Services arrangements. It is an automatic inclusion, helping us get a handle on what we are managing, and giving you peace of mind that no IT goes unnoticed or forgotten in your business.
If you don’t need Managed Services, we also offer asset tracking on a casual (as needed) basis.
Our asset management service includes:
- Tagging all IT in your business – with our phone number handy in case you need us
- Coordination ID – so we know what machine you are referring to when you call, and you know where all of your IT sits and who is using it
- Recording IT purchase dates, warranty expiry and dollar value
- Updating this information on a regular basis to ensure accuracy
Asset tracking is a valuable tool for staying on top of your entire IT infrastructure, and implementing an effective quality management system that ensures you can continue to deliver for your customers.