If you want to move away from storing your business data on physical servers in your office, you need a Cloud solution.
Cloud solutions are offered by a number of global companies that have huge data centres located across the world. These data centres store and protect copious amounts of data, so the individuals and businesses that own that data don’t need to store it themselves onsite.
Some of the benefits of moving to a Cloud solution include:
- No outlay for expensive onsite hardware, such as servers
- No need to upgrade hardware
- No electricity costs for running the hardware
- Can scale easily to suit your business storage needs
- Allows team members to access files anytime, anywhere (with internet)
- Regular data backups to prevent data loss
100% Cloud solutions do not suit all businesses – particularly those that are responsible for protecting the integrity of others’ highly personal information (such as medical data).
In these cases, a hybrid approach may be more suitable. This involves taking advantage of Cloud computing in some aspects, while retaining control over the storage of some business data in house.
You can opt to use AWS solely as a Cloud storage solution, housing everything from an e-commerce website to all your business documents and files. Or, you can combine data storage with other integrated services such as data analytics – which can help you store and analyse customer data to make more informed business decisions.
Most services operate under a pay as you go model, so you only pay for what you use and when you need it – with no lock in contracts or termination fees.
How we help
At Empreus IT, we can help you:
- Understand the various service offerings through AWS and how they can work to support your business
- Set up your AWS account
- Migrate on premise data to the Cloud
- Ensure reliable and ongoing connectivity
- Maximise internal security
- Help with internal adoption and use
- Provide ongoing Cloud managed services